Making Money Online Is Possible... Here's How
by Trent Brownrigg
Are you trying to make money online but just can't seem to get the income you want? There are thousands upon thousands of aspiring online business entrepreneurs who are in the same boat as you right now. You are not alone! However, in this article, I am going to give you some tips on how to actually make money online and eventually bring in a very nice income.
Before we get started let's talk a little about who I am and why it's even worth your time to listen to me. Am I rich? No. My bank account would be laughable compared to Bill Gates or Donald Trump, but compared to the average person trying to make money online from a home business you could say I am doing quite well.
I started my online business about three and a half years ago and slowly but surely increased my income to the point of financial independence. I now make a very good full time income online and only work a few hours per week. It wasn't easy... far from it! But it was worth it. I don't consider myself to be some money making guru. But I have been making money online, and teaching people to do the same, long enough to know what I am talking about.
So how can you make a living from home? Here are the steps necessary to make money online and eventually bring in a very good income...
1) Define Your "Why" - Really the first, and most important, step to becoming rich is not "how" to do it but "why" to do it. Without your why, your how will be nearly impossible. Once you have found your why, it is much easier to find your how to become rich. You must look deep inside yourself to find out why you want to become rich. Once you have found it write it down and keep it in a place where you will see it everyday. After you find your why you can search for your how. Remember, there is no easy road to riches. If there was then everyone would be rich.
2) Write Your Plan - When you are getting started you will need a plan. What exactly do you want to accomplish? How long will it take to do it? What steps do you need to take to ensure it happens? How many hours are you going to put in each day? How much money can you afford to spend on marketing? Etc... Think about these questions and write down the answers. Make your plan realistic and stick with it as closely as possible. It can be modified along the way as things change but you should always have a realistic plan to follow.
3) Find Your "How" - Now it's time to start searching for how you will make money online. There are many different ways to make money online. A few of the most popular ones are: business opportunities, affiliate marketing, network marketing, niche marketing, creating your own e-book, or doing an actual online job. Most of these actually go hand-in-hand so you will usually be doing more than one at a time. They are usually lumped under one umbrella called internet marketing.
My suggestion is to start out with an actual paying online job as well as at least one of the others. Doing this will allow you to bring in an online income while getting started in something that you will eventually make a lot more money doing. For instance, you could work a couple hours per day in an online job while spending the rest of your spare time learning how to market affiliate programs.
I actually know of a great program where that is exactly what you do. You make money working online jobs while also getting into affiliate marketing and a business opportunity and learning to market on the internet. You can find it here: http://honest-income-program.com
4) Get Educated - Walking blindly into an online business without having some basic education is suicide! You need to know the basics of online marketing and promoting. You can get this education for free all over the place on the internet. A great place to start is internet marketing forums and articles.
You also need to know programs to definitely stay away from before you make the mistake of jumping into some overhyped dishonest opportunity or even an all out scam. A good way to be sure you don't get sucked into one of these is to stay away from anything that promises ridiculously large amounts of money in a short period of time. Or any opportunity that says you will make a lot of money without doing any, or very little, work. It's just not true!
To help you out a little here are a few things I can tell you right now to avoid - paid to read emails, randomizers, doublers, paid to surf, HYIP, the oprah paypal letter, etc... of course there are more things to stay away from but I can't go into detail in this article due to length. I will tell you that the Honest Income Program mentioned above gives you a lot more programs to avoid and tells why you should avoid them.
5) Get Started - Now it's time for you to get started making money in your new business. It is critical in this step to be focused. Don't go jumping around to every opportunity you see just because it promises riches. Stick with what you started and put your full effort into it. It is also critical that you do not expect too much too fast. It is going to take time to start making money online and it is going to take even longer to start making a significant amount of income.
While you are getting started you will be learning a LOT. In fact, you will probably feel like you are on information overload and feel overwhelmed by everything there is to learn. Don't worry it will all come together. Just take things one step at a time in an organized manner. The learning is something that never stops. You will constantly be learning new things in online business but the beginning is probably the most crucial and the toughest.
The most important part of this step is to TAKE ACTION! Yes, there is a lot to learn and a lot to do but the only way to get anywhere is to do something with it. Making money online is largely about taking action. The more you sit back and wait for the "right time" the less you are actually out there making money.
6) Work Hard and NEVER Quit - This is probably the best advice that was ever given to me and I consider it the most important tip I can pass on to anyone trying to make money online. No matter what anyone tells you making money online is hard work. You have to put in a lot of time and effort before you reap the rewards of it. You will fail at times, that is certain! However, you will also succeed if you get up from those failures and keep going!
That's it. Those are the six basic steps to making money online and eventually bringing in a great full-time income. Of course, this article is a simplified version of what it truly takes. There is more detail to making money online that cannot be fully explained in one article but the above is basically all you need to do. It will not be easy but it can certainly be done. There are thousands upon thousands of people making money online right now. Many of them are very rich because of it. Follow the above steps and you can be making a full time income on the internet soon enough.